All the stats, facts, trivia and insight to Saturday action at Losail awaits in the Saturday Stats Pack!
The final Stats Pack of the season is here in the 2019 MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship, with the final racing action taking place on a Saturday in accordance to the traditional Qatari weekend. The Motul Qatar Round has been electric so far and there are big stats awaiting the field on Saturday. Can Jonathan Rea count for 50% of all Kawasakis victories? Will Alex Lowes become the 35th rider to reach 20 WorldSBK podiums? What record could Chaz Davies equal that belongs to Italian legend Pierfrancesco Chili?
- A double by Jonathan Rea (Kawasaki Racing Team WorldSBK) on Saturday would have a particular “weight” in Kawasaki’s history, as Rea will have scored exactly a half of Kawasaki total wins in WorldSBK history: 73 out of 146.
- Rea kept alive his all-time record string of races in the points: if he claims points in the two final races of the season, his string will reach 49.
- Rea climbed on the podium in his last 17 races, in which he was only the winner (12 times) or second (5 times).
- Rea’s four straight wins at Losail allow Kawasaki to equal the record string for a manufacturer at Losail, set by Aprilia with two doubles in the 2014 and 2015 races
- Alvaro Bautista (ARUBA.IT Racing – Ducati) enters Saturday with a goal at hand: with one win he would reach 17 season wins and he will be the third rider in history to reach 17 wins in a season after Polen in 1991 and Rea last year. A double would mean that he will become the first rider in history with 18 wins in a season. A caveat in case of a win for Bautista is that he will negate Rea the same iconic 17 wins value.
- Alex Lowes (Pata Yamaha WorldSBK Team) was third for the third straight time at Losail after 2017 Race 2 and the only race run last year. This was his 19th career podium: one more and he will become the 35th rider in history with at least 20 podiums; the last one to reach this goal was Alvaro Bautista at Portimao.
- Curiously, a Yamaha has finished in third at Losail four times in the last six races (Sylvain Guintoli was third in the first 2016 Race).
- The Tissot Superpole Race will mark the 160th race with Ducati for Chaz Davies (ARUBA.IT Racing – Ducati). He equals Pierfrancesco Chili at the third all-time spot for races with the Italian manufacturer. The only riders who raced more times with Ducati machinery in WorldSBK history are Lucio Pedercini (176 races) and Carl Fogarty (167).
- With two more podiums, Davies will reach 90 career podiums (7th rider in history to reach this goal: the record belongs to Rea with 166 podiums) and it will be his 80th podium for Ducati.
- A win for Davies would see him equal Colin Edwards on number of WorldSBK wins (31).
Find out what records will be broken across all three classes with the WorldSBK VideoPass!