Jakub Smrz (Liberty Racing Team Effenbert Ducati) secured his second Tissot-Superpole of the season today at Silverstone, to add to the pre-race success he enjoyed at Miller Motorsports Park in May. The Czech rider made the best of the often treacherous track and weather conditions at Silverstone, in what was a two-part wet Superpole, to lead FIXI Crescent Suzuki rider Leon Camier off the line on Sunday's two eni FIM Superbike World Championship races. Sylvain Guintoli (PATA Racing Team Ducati) was third and local hero Leon Haslam (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) fourth, despite being fastest with only one lap left from his main rivals.
- Three races set to be introduced into WorldSBK race format in 2019
- Rea sets the pace in thrilling first day of action in Argentina
- Sensational Rea makes it nine in a row in first Argentina race
- Ten out of ten: Rea extends perfect run with Argentina double
- Kawasaki secure manufacturers title for fourth consecutive season
- Lowes leads in Circuito San Juan Villicum opening
- Rea edges out Razgatlioglu in competitive FP2
- Cluzel wins in Argentina and sets up title showdown for Losail
- Mahias and Cluzel split by 0.083s in Argentina Free Practice
- How can Cortese take the WorldSSP title this weekend?